Met my first Dog the other day

DiverTexas

Travis Fry (Wordsmith) was kind enough to invite me to come by while he was doing some grinding.
I would highly recommend stopping by to meet him if you get the chance.
Really nice down to earth guy with a passion for knifemaking.
Learned quite a few tips from him while I was there that have already helped on the last couple of grinds I'm currently working on.
Thanks again Travis and thanks to Knife Dogs for being a great forum where others don't mind sharing their knowledge and helping each other out.

I certainly enjoyed it as well, and you and any of the other dogs are welcome any time. I wish I'd thought to ask more about your shop and setup.

Any helpful tips I may have been able to pass on we're most likely acquired from guys on here, from my brother who likewise acquired them from guys on here, or from discussions with the same brother that resulted in something new. The only original ones that I can recall were how NOT to drill holes in steel and maybe a few about how to waste time in your shop because it's disorganized.

There're quite a few of us in the Austin area, and I've been thinking for a while we should all get together for a grind-in or whatever. It'd be fun, and I know I've got a lot to learn still.

Wish I was closer to Texas, Id be all over a grind-in, this 10x10 shop gets lonely, LOL.

Travis is a great guy and make some awesome knives. If I am ever in that neck of the woods I will put some time aside to pay him a visit myself. A grind in? Hmmm sounds like a great idea.

Back