mill on craigslist...

Thats a great deal!! New that thing is 1500 to 2K depending on who you buy it from. I almost bought that same mill from HF. The only problem with them is the round colum. Im no expert but apparently the round column can rotate under load and make these less accurate. For what we do though it will be fine. I also found a gent from Canada that made a trussing system that is suppose to eliminate the twisting on the round column. It had a good size motor in it too. Should be able to power thru things the mini and mid size mills cant.

Last edited:
That sucks John. I didn't think it would last long. that happened to me with that surface grinder I just bought, it was on ebay, the only one I've seen listed that was in a 30 mile radius of my house in five years.
I sent him a message and got no reply, I sent another one the next day, no reply.
I finally deciphered his selling name and googled a machine shop nearby. it was him.
I went and looked at it that day and made the deal. I lucked out because their was other people watching it too and who knows if anyone else tried to message him.

After seeing this post just for grins I looked around for a mill here in the Salt Lake City area. Nothing under 2 grand, accept for complete junk. Might as well buy a new one (not that I can afford it)

I think I would've paid shipping on that one

Back