MSC Hardness Tester question

Ron Bendele

Hey folks, MSC has a Rockwell-type Hardness Tester on sale - $749 - down from $1225. Here is the link to it http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMCTLG=00&PMPAGE=9000. The sale is listed in the August 2010 Best Buys Metalworking catalog they just sent out. Two questions:

1. Is this a good deal for this tester?

2. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I need one and this looks like a good deal to me.

I bought one about 6 months ago and am very happy with it. It ia a very good machine not a piece of junk. I say jump on it!

I bought one about 6 months ago and am very happy with it. It ia a very good machine not a piece of junk. I say jump on it!

I have the same one and have no idea how I got along without it. I cant say enough good about it. Mine is from Enco at $699 and free shipping. I also say jump on it.

I also bought one after Bruce recommended his ( thanks Bruce), but I bought mine from Grizzly because I live in Bellingham at their store location. I love it. It's easy to use and I just yesterday got the results from a reputable Testing company here in Bellingham where I gave them the test block and some pieces of steel that I had hardened and tested and thy said the machine was right on. So I would have to agree - go for it!

Back