My buddy made a knife or two

Dennis Morland

KNIFE MAKER
One of my best friends asked me to help him make a knife. I have had lots of people ask me to do this. I always start with asking them, "what kind of knife?". I move on to "what do you want it to look like?". Do you have a picture or sketch? Sizing?

Usually, they give up. My buddy did not give up. He went home and sketched out what he wanted to accomplish. He came back and we revised his sketches. This eventually led to picking a steel, shaping, forming, and the end result.

He is a trained craftsman by trade. He is good with tools and has lots of knowledge about fixing things. He was a natural and I think he did a great job on his first knives.

When we started, I told him he had to make two (2) knives because we would probably screw at least one of them up. He didn't.

Enjoy! 1075, walnut burl, 416 stainless pins and 300 series bolsters. The bolster material meant something special to him, I just wish I would have had a matching pin material. Ah, the what ifs.

He is already planning his next knife.

DSC05332.jpg

DSC05334.jpg

DSC05336.jpg

DSC05342.jpg

DSC05344.jpg

DSC05343.jpg

Your Bud has a good eye, like them both! Kinda like twins that aren't exactly identical!! LOL

Love the look of the sheaths. Not sure how those were done but they appear aged, really nice!!

Back