My first forged knife

Gliden07

IMG_20180519_56718.jpg
Not a Great picture but I finally finished my second real start to finish forged knife. This was actually my first forged blank but I finished it second. I have a third WIP a cable Damascus blank. I need to start widening out the Tangs. They Tang is just a tad to narrow for my taste. But everyone is a little better than the last!

Last edited:
I like the blade a lot. I agree with you on the tang, but I have noticed that some people really like “different” shapes for tangs. I have several that I think are too narrow and it always makes me want to switch to a hidden tang... which is a whole nuther catastrophe lol. Is this the blade you etched?

I like the blade a lot. I agree with you on the tang, but I have noticed that some people really like “different” shapes for tangs. I have several that I think are too narrow and it always makes me want to switch to a hidden tang... which is a whole nuther catastrophe lol. Is this the blade you etched?

No that one is on the work bench. It's gonna end up being a smaller knife because I have to grind back a small inclusion that is right on the cutting edge.

Back