My Knifedogs Knife

Silversage

Gold Membership
I called this my knifedog knife as you all are what made it happen:) Start with a piece of Eggerling mosaic steel I sent to Grand Leavitt to grind for me to a pattern I drew out,( Heavily influenced by Mr. Metsala's beautiful blades) at this stage I don't have the talent or equipment to do it myself:( ( But Jeff has kindly invited me to come play!!) I then used the handle material that Mark Redmond so kindly donated for the Ed Caffery raffle I won.Stabilized Box Elder burl and Cocobolo. I them tried my first attempt at filework using a tutorial from Jeff Bosworth. This is what I ended with. Thanks everbody for making this a great place.I know I have alot to learn and look foward to learning much more from all the talented and helpful people here!!

Jay Weaver

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Really nice Jay. Good classic Styling, Fit and Finnish look good. Great knife especially for the first one.

Good looking knife Jay. looks like you put the knife together tight and it's finnished well. Good job, especially for your first one.

Larry

Hi jay, youve made a great looking knife, i wish my first one looked as good as that2thumbs, onwards and upwards from here on:cool:
Glad the tutorial came in handy, its great to see somebody having a go, and making such a fine job .

Geoff.

That is one heck of a knife!!

Grand does a great job, and his blades are very well done. I am Robert Eggerling's biggest fan, his steel is the best in my opinion. I particularly like that pattern.

I am excited to see more of your knives!!2thumbs

Back