My latest fillet knife

HELLGAP

Dealer - Purveyor
Im pretty much finished got about 15 min of 1500 grit hand sanding and 1 min of buffing cuzz there are about 6 micro scratches seen under magnifacation I need to get out before I sell it. STEEL 154cm rc 60 file work on spine in handle area . abalone handle with my own mosaic pins also mosaic lanyard tube. the blade is convex ground and really quite thin and slightly flexible really sharp10 inch overal lenght would also make a great boning knife. I know youd be the talk of the fish filleting shack with this one . and a vegtable tan dye light brown 7 oz leather sheath with a stamped border and a double loop lace stitch.
HPIM2080.jpg
HPIM2081.jpg
HPIM2083.jpg

looks like that should be slicing some big ol' fish!

just wondering, how hardy are those scales?

I dont know buy I found a place to buy gorrilla super glue and the scales stuck in lest than 10 seconds and wow . This abolone sands up very easy much like a soft wood started at 100 grit went to 220 in a few min then 320 400 and stoped at 600 then hand sanded 600 and finished the blade to 3000 grit with 2 min of buffing. I would like to know about dying a sheath but ill go to the sheath forum. My wife says its to nice for a man to use its more of a womans knife. I wonder if she will give me 250 for it lol

Back