My new tool

2800 psi with a 4" cylinder, that's 17-1/2 ton range. Bump it another 70 psi and have a solid 18 ton. No reason to other than ego to say 18 tons, you'd never know the difference. You got a hoss of a press.

Oh, and I'll say again, that Damascus really looks good.

2800 psi with a 4" cylinder, that's 17-1/2 ton range. Bump it another 70 psi and have a solid 18 ton. No reason to other than ego to say 18 tons, you'd never know the difference. You got a hoss of a press.

Oh, and I'll say again, that Damascus really looks good.
Thanks Ken. It will be a fun journey. I'm limited as to size of billets by my forge so I'm sure it won't be long before I build another.

Jesse, how do you mean your current press limits the size of your billet? Looking at the photo (can't really see any details, but it looks like it would handle most any size you wish. Limited by how much clearance you have?

Darn BIllyO - that's exactly what he said "I'm limited as to size of billets by my forge", I need to read slower so I can comprehend what I'm reading. I had "press" on my mind and didn't think before I wrote.

My forge is made from soft fire bricks. It's coated with itc100 and bubble alumina. I use the fan in the link below and started with a 1/8" nozzle. I've reduced that to .110 and need to reduce further because I'm unable to reduce the temperature enough. I turned it down after it reached 2350 degrees and burned up a new type K thermocouple. It's a little over 3.5" x 12". The pressure gauge doesn't move above zero. received_191977596313783.jpeg

ishttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R7VS6HX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Back