Name this Folder Contest!

Rick Haney Design

I thought this would be some fun for us Knifedogs,I just designed this little folder.I normally come up with a name for my work,But I'm going to let this forum pick a name for this design.This design is small 6.64" OAL,Military names are ok.But would prefer non military names.I have a cool G-10 fixed blade no sheath for the winner.:DThis should be fun,Plus You get a non metallic knife to boot!

Here's the design I just finished up with.;)

Attachments

• NoName-Folder-Design-2010.jpg
    NoName-Folder-Design-2010.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 103
Well this sounds kinda' stupid, but the blade strikes me as resembling the head of a Pelican. So taking that into consideration, Pelican Folder, Pelican Knife, Really any Variation on the "Pelican" theme. If it were with Brown Micarta scales even Brown Pelican! I'll have to go away and come back, 'cause I'm kinda' stuck on the Pelican idea, appearance wise.

I've got two names, don't want get greedy so here is my first idea.

MAX

it looks like a Maximum, and the Mad Max movie themes of abrupt, strong, and functional.
Looks really strong like the current series of Legionaire/Fighting shows too.

Last edited:
Swamp runner.

IT looks like a good utility knife, that could also be for defence, and i just like how swamp runner sounds.

Keep um coming!I'll let this thing go for a week or so,Then I'll decide which name grabs me the most.:D

Murph,You can see the scale is split & exposed in the butt of the handle,That's what started the design idea.Hope that helps.;)

Can we keep adding names? If so my next one is Das Füher, or Die toten machen ( the dead maker) :D

Last edited:
Rats

MariaConchitaConsuelaRodriquezSanchezMuchachoGomez ?huh1

This was my second choice cool 1 I'll keep thinkin, or not?
Come up with some of my best, or least worst, ideas when I'm not thinkin.

Wow! The Rat

tough, not pretty, durable, makes do, everywhere, tough, misunderstood, devious, athletic, fast

Last edited:
This is the finished design,With the clip on it.Disregard the Firecracker file name.I had to rename the file so I could save it as a PDF after I finished it.

Let's get creative!;)Put your thinking caps on!:)

Attachments

• Firecracker-Folder-Design-2010.jpg
    Firecracker-Folder-Design-2010.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 30
The Haney Wildcard. Anyone who's ever played cards can tell you what a big surprise a wildcard can be in a small package!

When I look at some of these folders it almost reminds me of a snakes fangs... open ready to strike... closed all safe and friendly.... this one gives me that feeling.... how about Serpentine?

Back