Need help for a stupid mistake

Noellaflamme

So, I finally got a dewar and some liquid nitrogen for my AEBL, and long story short, 2/6 knifes are niw stuck inside... So far my attempts with a magnet and drain snake has gotten me nowhere...

I know what I did wrong and wont do this again, but has anyone else dealt with this problem? Should I just try turning it upside down when its empty and shake them out? Drain it into a temp cooler?

Thanks for any tips.

Carefully pour into a cooler then as you said upside down to get them out. You will loose some liquid due to gassing off but as you said will learn.

I agree with the above.
But can you explain how it happened. I plan to go that route soon and your expected would certainly be appreciated.

I agree with the above.
But can you explain how it happened. I plan to go that route soon and your expected would certainly be appreciated.
So I made a hanger to dip them in, but because of the comination of hole placement and shape a few got stuck, and in the process of trying to free them up, 2 came loose unexpedidly and fell in.

My take away is more hangers, less knives per hanger

When i do cryo, I twist a loop in some wire, usually just pull some from my mig welder. I put the loop over the point of the blades, I usually bundle several together, then wrap the wire around the blades several times and run the wire through a hole in the handle of the blades. I put the blades in the dewar point first and bend the end of the wire over the mouth of the tank. This keeps the blades together tightly to help prevent warp and makes it almost impossible to lose in the tank.

I use the pin or thong hole in the butt or tang of the knife to run some 1/16 wire though it and make a hook so it will wrap around the wire. I can hang 8 bundles in my semen tank and then individually pull a group up the neck at a time when ready.

Back