Need help with a knife ID

cirk

My uncle passed away and left a bunch of really nice knives. But I have no idea who the maker is and its bugging me. I have searched the internet with no luck. Please help! Thanks!

Is32ZHR.jpg

HN8hivT.jpg

Can't help you with the makers mark and it will be luck if you can identify it. Touch marks with out a name are a constant issue in the custom world creating exactly this problem in identifying the maker.
It appears to be American made traditional made with decent fit and finish. It doesn't look that old so I wouldn't say it's an antique.
The handle is Sambar stag and the wood appears to be walnut but could be something else as it's hard to say from the picture.
Good luck tracking it down. It will add a nice back story if you can figure out the maker.
t

Can't help you with the makers mark and it will be luck if you can identify it. Touch marks with out a name are a constant issue in the custom world creating exactly this problem in identifying the maker.
It appears to be American made traditional made with decent fit and finish. It doesn't look that old so I wouldn't say it's an antique.
The handle is Sambar stag and the wood appears to be walnut but could be something else as it's hard to say from the picture.
Good luck tracking it down. It will add a nice back story if you can figure out the maker.
t
Thanks for the reply, the knives are beautiful and I would love to know who made them there is also a nice tomahawk with the same marks. Thanks for the info on the handle it's good information.

Tracy, Gib use to hang out at the Outpost in the early 2000's which is part of knifenetwork forums now. Seem to recall seeing some of your knife work posted over there years ago in the display case.

The one thing that bugs me about this knife the fellow was asking about is the hollow grind. I don't recall Gib doing any hollow grinds unless this is a real early piece. At one time I even hollow ground when I first started making. Gib called his knife making business Cactus Forge which was in a trailer court down in Arizona.

Back