Need help with grinder parts

bluegrass in ga

I aquired an old 2x48 engelberg grinder that had been sitting out in the rain for a while. Needless to say, she needs a little love. I'm looking for an 8 inch wheel with a 5/8 arbor or an 8 inch wheel like this that I can use this hub with. I'm also looking for a set of step down pulleys with a 9/16 arbor. I've also got to replace 4 bearings, so a good bearing dealer would be very helpful too. Thanks alot for any help. Danny

Attachments

• wheel pics 094.jpg
    wheel pics 094.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 44
  • wheel pics 095.jpg
    wheel pics 095.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 39
I can't help you with the wheel. Try VXB.com for the bearings. What's wrong with the wheel you have?

Larry

wheel

You can't tell it in the pic, but one edge has about a 1/4 cut all the way around the rubber. It looks like the wheel may have ran against the shroud and cut it. I found a company in MI that recovers wheels at a much lower cost than buying a new one . The company is contact rubber corp. According to there web page and their rep that I spoke with they can do just about anything with a wheel. I'll let you know how it turns out and I'll post some pics of the new tread.

Well I'm happy you found a solution. It's good to know we can have wheels retreaded cheaper than buying a new one. Keep us posted.

Larry

Back