NEMA 1 VFD filter

KenH

Hello all, I've been using the cheap Chinese VFDs for a few yr now with success. The trick is to either put in a dustproof enclosure, or adequate inlet filters to prevent metal dust from getting inside to the electronics. Here is the way I've attached filters - use the adhesive backed velcro to hold filter in place. A couple of photos makes it easy to see.
The first shows how the velcro is glued around the air inlets. The air movement on these VFDs seem to always be with the fan pulling air in thru all the other openings and out at the fan. Just to add, I think this is the filter used: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GKC2US/

VFD-Filter-Velcro.jpg

The next shows the filter material attached to the velcro. The velcro makes it easy to remove, clean, and install again.
VFD-Filter.jpg

Last edited:
Good deal Von, and it looks like you got the right power input with 1 ph (hot 'n neutral) 220 VAC input power. Be sure to check the air flow with two fans at bottom.

Good deal Von, and it looks like you got the right power input with 1 ph (hot 'n neutral) 220 VAC input power. Be sure to check the air flow with two fans at bottom.
I got my sparky to look through the aliexpress offerings (thanks for the links) and that was what he reccomended to me as he is going to set it all up to the 3 ph motor

Back