New addition to my shop

I'm guessing that the ram is hydraulic, is it powered by electric? I'm asking because I have a 27 ton gas powered log splitter that I wonder if it could be converted. ( it works both vertical and horizontal)

Awesome press! Coal Iron Works make good equipment. I have their 16 ton fast press, it's really outstanding!

Thanks guys, I have waited a long time but it works great. I welded up some additional dies including a fullering set and squaring set. Next weekend will be all about Damascus.

Curious to see how it works. Everyone is always going for the bigger tonnage presses. I have a friend that has a 16T tells me he wish he had gotten the 25T! I was looking at this one and let it slide because what he said.

Curious to see how it works. Everyone is always going for the bigger tonnage presses. I have a friend that has a 16T tells me he wish he had gotten the 25T! I was looking at this one and let it slide because what he said.
Time will tell but I heated a piece of 5/8 leaf spring up today and it upset thickness like it was rubber. It would be easy with a 25 Ton press to go too far quickly. I originally wanted the 16 ton but it would have been about 3k more.

In honesty, it would not be hard to re-enforce the frame and replace the ram with a 16 ton unit. It would move a little slower but it does 3.6 inches per second now so it could lose a little. The way I have it figured as it sits it will do what I need I just may have to take an extra heat or two to do it over a 16 or 25T.

In honesty, it would not be hard to re-enforce the frame and replace the ram with a 16 ton unit. It would move a little slower but it does 3.6 inches per second now so it could lose a little. The way I have it figured as it sits it will do what I need I just may have to take an extra heat or two to do it over a 16 or 25T.

What is the size of the Cylinder and how much of a stroke does it have? I guess what I'm trying to say is how big is the Cylinder? LOL!

Not sure about the cylinder size but it has a six inch stroke. If I had to guess its about four or five inches across one of the ends.

Hey, Chris. How much does that thing weigh? I've been thinking that direction also.
You can move it in two pieces, press frame and motor pump assembly. I would guess press frame maybe 100-135 pounds, pump with oil , motor and plate maybe 150-200. My 14 year old son and I have no trouble moving it around. Now my 14 year old son is 6ft tall and weighs about 200 pounds. I have it mounted to a heavy duty rolling cart and it is awesome to be able to move it to a corner when its not in use. Because of the way it is made it is really easy to weld up what ever kind of die you would ever need. I am very happy with it.

Back