New Addition

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
The family and I had the chance to spend the weekend with Uncle Jim and Aunt Jennifer Crowell this weekend. While we were there I had the chance to watch Jim finish this one up for me. On my last visit he fit the guard and glued up the handle. Today he cut the handle and guard, shaped, and finished.

I'm really happy to get this one since passing up on the original in 2003. Some of you may recognize this as a Camillus "OVB" copy of Jim's 2003 World Cutting Competition Championship knife. The blade was a ground and marked blank produced by Camillus prior to their bankruptcy. On my second visit to Jim's shop back in 2003 I had the opportunity to cut withy the original and fell in love with it. The piece was for sale, but I was there picking up my first commissioned piece by Jim which became my personal combat knife. I couldn't swing the price of two in one day.

This piece does not have the ferrule of the original design but instead had a 416 cross guard with red spacer and Maple handle. It's now off to Uncle Dave Smith for a sheath.

8f39408f3df03ba182f7e0f89fb9bb96_zps500e90cb.jpg

Back