New Book Coming Soon: Next Level Knifemaking

jkf96a

Howdy folks. I just got my PDF layout proof for the upcoming book I edited, Next Level Knifemaking. Knifedogs' own Tracy Mickley has a chapter, as does Kd regular Ed Caffrey. I edited, plus contributed 5 chapters. Other chapters by Jim Cooper, Lin Rhea, Nathan Carothers, Bob Ohlemann, Salem Straub, Larrin Thomas, Geoff Keyes, Erin Healy, Dustin Rhodes, Shanna Jantz Kemp, Ed Braun, Dave Ferry, Mark Bartlett, John Gulso, and Brad Stallsmith. Release target is before the end of 2020. Myself and the other authors will be working hard to get the word out once it's available for purchase. In the meantime, enjoy the introduction.

What do John Gulso's and Salem Staub's chapters cover?
John Gulso wrote a chapter about lean manufacturing principles as applied to knifemaking. Kind of a philosophical chapter about how to increase your productivity.

For those who've been around a while, Salem very early on had a good set of reviews of various grinders. I had him write a chapter about the basic equipment considerations for the knife shop. What to think about when it comes to grinders, mills, etc.

Thanks Jason. I remember his reviews on promethean knives. I was hoping his chapter was on damascus patterns, but this should be a good read, too.

Thanks Jason. I remember his reviews on promethean knives. I was hoping his chapter was on damascus patterns, but this should be a good read, too.
Yeah, Damascus would be a good one for him. We intentionally tried to stay away from direct how-to chapters, although there are a few.

One step closer.... Finalized the cover proof yesterday, so it's off to the printer.

image001.png

Back