New Dave Lisch Salmon King

jklein7401

I am very pleased to be the recepient of Dave's largest blade to date. He has named it "Salmon King' and the mosaic pattern has been named by Lorien another forumite. It is called "Gill Net" This is a monster blade 12.5", with beautiful walrus ivory and will be headed to Paul Long for the appropriate sheath to finish the set. I cannot wait to receive this monster. :D By the way Dave is a supremenly talented JS and a blast to deal with. Not to be biased, I have plenty of maker friends but I highly recommned him should any of you be looking for something fun and different.

Enjoy, Jon

Attachments

• Salmon King.jpg
    Salmon King.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 76
  • salmon king 3.jpg
    salmon king 3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Salmon King 4.jpg
    Salmon King 4.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Salmon king 1.jpg
    Salmon king 1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Salmon king 2.jpg
    Salmon king 2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 36
Thank you Jon I had a lot of fun making this knife. And it lit a fire in me and in the next few months I plan to try and make some of the best knives I have ever made. starting out with a feather D guard for the Ace show. this was the 3rd knife I did with ivory tusk Jon has the first one and I will post the #2 when I get it back from paul . I really like using ivory this year at blade I plane on making it harder for Don to get all the good stuff.

Back