New drill press(s)

That's fantastic. I've always been curious about those things and look forward to seeing it in use! It's gotta be awesome to have four drill bits ready to go, and not really taking up that much space.

The reason that I found that setup is that I already have one Edlund with T slot table and built in coolant that I rebuilt several years ago and I think it's the best drill press ever made. And the best thing about them is they are variable speed, you just turn the knob on front. Anyhow I had been keeping my eyes on line for any others that might be cheep when I found this one in Ohio and my first thought was 1/8 in drill 1/8 in reamer, 1/4 in drill 1/4 reamer just what I need for my work knives. I still need to make jigs so I can drill all the pin holes with the knife clamped to the pattern then it will be ready for use. I kind of went over budget with shipping, special belts, and 36 new bearings, I have about $1500.00 invested, but this machine will still be making holes when I'm gone.

Man, a guy that owns one of those probably has his own surface grinder, 3 belt grinders, lathe, mill, pneumatic controlled 20Ton press and shoot, even a forklift to go with it all. Must have a great wife too...

Good Job Roy, as with everything you do!

Back