New Guy from Iowa

Akritz

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a few months but thought I would say hi. Learned a lot from watching videos and reading how-to posts. My first couple knives were made with just files and sand paper but moved up to a 1X30 grinder for the last few. The first knife one off the grinder was a hunter for my son. It's kind of heavy but he is a big fella and likes having a better knife than his hunting buddies.

photo 2.jpg

Latest was a chopper because I thought a wider blade would be fun.

photo 3.jpg

Still having a tough time getting crisp grind lines so I have been spending some quality time hand sanding all the flats to get them flat. Wife says I'm getting to many so I need to sell some to pay for more material. I'm really wanting to try a folder next, thinking a liner lock but I will see how it goes.

Alan
Cedar Rapids, IA

Welcome, looks good from here! That's where I struggle, with the lines, but I'm noticing with every new project I learn a bit more and things get just a tad straighter. Keep grinding and I'm sure things will come around for you too, anyway, those knives look great. Stay warm, I here Iowa is darn cold right now, Penna is not to bad, but his is the earliest I've seen ice on the rivers and ponds in a long time.

Wayne

Your knives look good to me. Its hard to sell some knives. I find I just don't want to give some of them up. LOL!

Back