new here

tapforge

Hi, Im Tucker, I forge out of a shared shop space in santa ana with some friends, ive been smithing for about 5+ years and making knives for the last 2 years, so im not quite a novice but not too experienced to learn. i find that some guys with too many years of exp are unwilling to try new things and learn because the already know it all, i defiantly dont fall in that camp lol...

maybe now you can see some of my recent work...

Ga0vyjt.jpg

WGpA6dc.jpg

bDWubWP.jpg

3lDaW4z.jpg

Very nice! Can you explain the process of stamping "T A P" in the blade??? I would love to be able to do that neatly. Total noob here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice! Can you explain the process of stamping "T A P" in the blade??? I would love to be able to do that neatly. Total noob here

I welded up a little jig to keep the stamps aligned, I use an arbor press to mark them in the blade then I re-stamp them individually to get the desired depth. Be careful to keep them in the original mark or ull double stamp and it looks funny. Its a little tricky to get it right

I welded up a little jig to keep the stamps aligned, I use an arbor press to mark them in the blade then I re-stamp them individually to get the desired depth. Be careful to keep them in the original mark or ull double stamp and it looks funny. Its a little tricky to get it right

Thanks! I never thought of a jig lol makes sense

Back