New "maker" in Brighton Mi

boarder1

Hello from Michigan
I'm a new member to KnifeDogs and dont think I can be considered a "maker" yet as at this point all I have basically been doing is making large bars of steel into grinding dust.
I started out charging in full steam and realized really quickly that is not a formula for success.
I have since slowed it down and am focusing on the fundamentals which seems to be a much better approach.
Sent my first blades out for HT yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks to this forum I have learned a ton! What a great resource.
Thanks to all.
brdr

Welcome to KD. Look around, ask questions and post pictures. This is a very good place to learn... The place is full of friendly people willing to help.

....all I have basically been doing is making large bars of steel into grinding dust.

Excellent! I think the first test of knifemaking is perseverance! We don't realize it till the truth sets in...lol. There really is NO shortcuts...specially grinding.

I think grinding is like marriage...its wonderful!...'cept when it isn't....lol!

Welcome!

Welcome!! Lots of very knowledgeable and talented builders in here. Take advantage and ask questions!! Good luck on your first heat treat!!

Back