New old guy

Axeman58

Hi guys,
I have been a member for a few years, I just haven't been active on the forum in a couple of years or so. Funny how acquiring 6 Grandkids to raise will keep a person from his/her usual activities.
At any rate, my name is Terry Tabor, and I live in a small town in central Oklahoma with my wife and the afore mentioned Grandkids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and all the trappings. I turned 60 back in January ( never thought I'd be around this long) and am still "working for the man" after 46 years. I've been making knives off and on for the past 10 years and have built my grinder, HT oven, etcher, and about everything else except my anvil, which is the same one I hammered my first blade on when I was 5 in my Grandpas' shop.
It's good to be back at it and look forward to having many meaningful conversations with y'all.

Hi Terry...nice to meet a guy with great priorities! Them grandkids are more important than knifemaking...even if they're not as fun at times...lol!

Welcome back Axe, dang, sounds like you got a lot of irons in the fire !
Thanks a lot guys. It's awfully nice to talk to some folks who actually talk about something other than "Minecraft" or "Super Mario". Makes me feel almost all growed up. Well, I guess I still a ways to go to reach that lofty goal! I'm looking forward to getting back into the full swing of knives, and getting to know all you guys better.

Back