New Orleans - Howdy

MarcWeitz

To all here - you know this is a great forum - been reading posts on it for awhile - I'm impressed with the constructive sharing. Not planning on making knives for a lively hood, but to challenge myself to an ancient art. Retired, living in New Orleans (Metairie area). Very familiar with wood working, making chess boards and casting pewter pieces. Will have to construct my own forge. I have a KMG grinder, small mill, ancient band saw made in the 50's, a couple of drill presses - I'm just millimeters away from making my own forge and buying an anvil. And okay, I'll admit it, I'm a Forged in Fire fan. Don't moan, I understand why experienced Blade Smiths don't like Hollywood - but I love what the judges point out as critical failures. There is a lot to learn from failures - they are the greatest teachers for experience. Going with 1080/4 til I "think" I understand it.

I think a lot of us are FiF fans around here. Welcome to be forum - looking forward to more input from you.

Visited New Orleans years ago still dont remember a lot of that trip! Great time!! Welcome aboard enjoy your stay and ask questions. Some of the best makers in the World are on this forum!

Back