New to knife making

Canam74

Hi everybody. Im from ontario.and im starting the joy of making knifes for my personal use..
But i dont have a knife grinder. So i started to look for one, and was i sureprised of what was out there on quality and prices/$///$$$. Dont get me wrong there's lot of goof stuff out there

There is a lot of good ideas out there on DIY. And in stores. So i decided to start fabrication on my own 2x72 grinde.
My background as a welder and millwright and having lots of part in my home shop is a plus.

So hafter work and spending time with my wife and kids. And hunting and fishing and spending time at camp i will be in my shope working on my new project.... my wife is so existed for me lol i had to put that in ...i know u guys will known what im talking about

Hoping to make new frinds, learn and exchanges ideas...
Will post piks of grinder soon

Best of luck with your grinder build from a fellow canuck. From New Brunswick and now live in Alberta. I build knives part time and I'm sure you'll get as addicted to it as much as the rest of us. Check out Ed Caffrey's posts and his new tutorials that can be downloaded from his site. All top notch. Another good resource is Dan Comeau's blog at dcknives.com. Tremendous amount of information available free of charge for beginner and experienced knife makers.

Back