North West Mosaic Hunter

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Here is a hunter that has some mosaic damascus I just couldn't cover up so I made undersized scales of amber dyed elk antler. The highly tooled sheath is from my friend Claude Scott.
Thanks for looking

IMG_4048_zps4d6edf21.jpg

IMG_4049_zps6e5337b9.jpg

IMG_4050_zpsea3ab5d9.jpg

Thanks Gents.
The elk slabs are from a local bull. It died of natural causes from a 30-06 bullet.

Thanks Gents.
The elk slabs are from a local bull. It died of natural causes from a 30-06 bullet.

Lead & copper poisoning, I presume? LOL

That is first rate Damascus with that star burst pattern and I really like how you brought in the scales from the edge to show more of the Damascus tang.

Bruce,
I know how you got that bull. You used the blade as bait and while he was standing there admiring it you shot. I don't know if I would be in too big of a hurry to see that knife up close.:death: :biggrin:

That is probably the nicest looking hunting knife I have ever seen.

Wade

Hey, thanks Wade. I wish the bull was mine but I think these scales are off one of the poached elk that our game warden dropped off a couple years ago. Too bad he is retired now, no more free antlers left in the front yard.
Bruce,
I know how you got that bull. You used the blade as bait and while he was standing there admiring it you shot. I don't know if I would be in too big of a hurry to see that knife up close.:death: :biggrin:

That is probably the nicest looking hunting knife I have ever seen.

Wade

Hey, thanks Wade. I wish the bull was mine but I think these scales are off one of the poached elk that our game warden dropped off a couple years ago. Too bad he is retired now, no more free antlers left in the front yard.

its always nice to have friends in the right occupations. Its time now to chum it up with the new Game Warden with some free sharpening or perhaps a small field knife or small kitchen knife for his wife.

Back