NWG cost

FOG

I,m Gathering more info on grinders before i commit and wondering how much money it costs to build a NWG. So what did yours cost ? and a bit about the specs. Wheel size did you make a small wheel attachment etc. ?

Mine's still in progress, but so far, I'm looking at ~$400, and that's only for a 7.5" contact wheel, a 4" contact wheel, and a flat platen/slack belt.

i am into mine for about 500 with a flat platen and a 8 inch wheel. i just finished mine a few weeks ago and you cant go wrong with this setup.
you can save a little money with the poly wheels they work great.

Right now I have enough steel to build three frames and a couple attatchement arms for each. I am out $70 so far. I went up to a steel dealer and went through their cut off racks. I got to know them and they throw extra in. Amazing what happens when you listen to someone for 20 to 30 minutes get something off of there chest. Next is to get more strap and the bolts and nuts. Tracy is a great source for wheels and etc........ After that I get the frame build then comes what I say is the cost. Bushings, 3 step pulleys and so on. But I can get a couple of things a month. That is how I can do this.

Back