Old Dog Knifemakers

J.Higgins

You definitely qualify Jeff....
you back?
Yes I am. Making knives was the only thing I've ever done right. The shop equipment I have at the moment is rather primitive, but getting new gear as you go is part of the journey, right?

PMARTINKNIVES

I'm 54 and started making knives 2 1/2 decades ago, do I get in this elite club? How much are the dues? Where do I sign up?

What was the question?

Peter

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
Gee.....I just looked in the mirror and realized I qualify for this forum!! :) Last time I looked I still had that "Big Red S" on my chest....just looked again and now it's faded to pink! :) I wish I could say that I still feel like I'm 20..but after these last couple of years.....this gettin old thing just ain't no fun at all!

Dan Pierson

Yeah, the warranty expired some time ago :-(

Guess I should probably admit that I qualify for this elite group: I'll be 64 next month and
started making knives back in 2003.

rhinoknives

Peter,
You already paid your dues in blood, burns & smashes knife making and in your years on the planet. LOL

Well lets see.I'm 55 .been making knives since ah wow well sometime in my mid twenties.Best as i can remember.Nice to know you guys are out there.

roadapples

Well I'm 53 and have been making and modifying knives, knife-like objects and other sharp/ pointy things off and on since 1992, more off than on due to Uncle Sugar compromising my time for a large portion of that timeline until 2005. So do I qualify in Dog years?

Jeremiah Rostig

Born 25 Dezember 1962, started making knifes in 1993, this year I reached the 20 years of knife making.
After 20 years I recognized that experience and tolerance is the soul of this work. Living and making knifes in Thailand for 12 years was one of the master keys the Great Spirit put into my heart.
I would be honored to be in the "club".

Church & Son

Well, we have concluded there is a bunch of us old dudes here..SO, what do we talk about?

I would say we could complain about the long haired, bearded, listen to music too loud crowd...
but I'm still one of them!

bladegrinder

Well, I just turned 53. been making knives 24 years. only some parts of me feel old, I have noticed though when my co workers at my regular job tell me I'm getting old, I don't seem to give much of an argument anymore.

Jeremiah Rostig

Well, we have concluded there is a bunch of us old dudes here..SO, what do we talk about?

I would say we could complain about the long haired, bearded, listen to music too loud crowd...
but I'm still one of them!
No need to talk about something, we maintain a shared consciousness,:lol:.....but I am still one of them too

smithy

I made it to 71... If I would have known I was going to live so long, I would have taken better care of myself. :)

bubba-san

I am 68 had some health problems recently but, I ain't going away any time too soon ......... Hey smitty how are the menuki going ? and how is the Mokume . I really missed all you guys

Domo Arigoto gozai mashita Bubba