One for my Nephew

Kurt Krueger

About a year ago, my nephew (age 9 at the time) came up to my place to see my new puppy. While he was here, I asked him if he'd like to help heat treat a blade. Well, that blade has been sitting in the rack ever since and I decided it wa time to finish it up and give it to him.

The blade is 4" long, .063" O1 62 HRC, satin 600 grit finish. The handle is green dyed, stabilized (Cactus Juice) curly maple,,, the banding doesn't show up too well in the photo.

This is just my third sheath, and the first formed, tooled. The other two I've done were very utilitarian, no finish, no detail, just something to protect the blade. I kind of like the leather work. I learned a bunch of things that I'll incorporate in future projects, that's for sure.

I see a couple of familiar names from the knife section on RFC, I posted this there too.

-Kurt

DSC02981_zpsbplh7ehf.jpg

That is a knife you Nephew will keep the rest of his life. Its fun workin' with the youngins!

I'll bet your nephew wouldn't be more tickled if it were a speckled puppy! That is one he will treasure for his lifetime, the size shape and such would lend itself to one heck of a nice EDC!!:clap:

your nephew will treasure that knife more and more as the years go by, he will also have some envious friends. Dan

Back