Pair of Bird & Trouts in Ironwood and Bocote

P J 234

Hi all,

I just finished up this pair of small hunters, and would value any feedback or critique anyone is willing to offer (design, craftsmanship, materials choices, photos, etc.) Thanks in advance for your comments!

- 1/8" O-1 w/ full-height flat grinds
- ~3" tip to plunge, ~7 1/2" OAL
- Bocote scales on clip point (these almost looked bookmatched before I worked them, but they sure turned out very differently when finished.)
- Desert Ironwood scales on drop point
- Hand rubbed satin finish on blades
- Stainless pins and thong tubes

P1020301.jpg

P1020326.jpg

and a coupla full spine shots for james terrio ;)

P1020315.jpg

P1020313.jpg

Real nice, nice choice of woods too 2thumbs I like those styles for a carry knife, I would be happy to carry one on the creek or in the hills :cool:

I like both of the blades, they have a certain amount of "I mean business" attitude. The fit and finish look excellent also. I'm not familiar with that handle configuration, but I don't dislike it. The 4.5/3 ratio of handle to blade appeals to me, it looks really nice on these knives. Dozier

Very Nice, they just look like they need to cut something. And I love both woods, but Bocote has become my favorite of the two. Excellent job.
Dale

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the nice words!

This was my first time working with Bocote, but I really like it too and I will definitely be using it again. I think Ironwood is still my favorite though...

Back