Pair of Black Wolf Armory knives for a friend, EDC and skinner with black Micarta

Frank Hunter

I've been busy. A friend came by this last weekend to pick up a pair I'd had in the works for awhile, he'd originally requested black jigged horn which wasn't available, so we went with black linen Micarta. That being the "standard" handle material out of the shop, I took several photos of these as they're also my regular best selling patterns in my two standard steels for user grade knives, 1095 and CPM S30V. I'm comping together shots of my knives for my upcoming tri-fold sales brochure and I think other photos of this set I took, featuring single knives will make the cut. Thanks for looking!

3" skinner, in 1095, and 3 3/8" Rimfire in S30V. Satin scotchbrite finish on both, with double-black Micarta.

RimfireandSkinner_zps0aaeffde.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Frank,
I am a lower amateur photographer but i suggest that you try these black handled knives on a lighter back round. I have a feeling by the time they get printed you will lose most of the definition of the handles.

Black is the hardest to get any contrast with when it comes to digital photography. I do better with red, so try a red back round to reflect a little more light from underneath to give a little more contrast and a few other lighter colors to see what you think makes them pop! a little more in the handle area.

Very nice blades, just trying to help if I can

Back