Paragon vs even heat

I've owned both, and while both work well, I personally think that the overall build quality is better with the Paragon.

Probably the biggest difference to me was/is the customer service......every time I tried to contact Evenheat, I always had to leave a message and wait for a couple of days for a reply, and in some cases they never called me back.

With Paragon, I've always had a real person answer the phone, and have only had to leave a message once, and that was with the parts dept. which called me back within 10 mins. Even when sending emails, Paragon has always replied to mine the same day. I'm sure "mileage will vary", but those have been my experieces with each.

I have one of each and they are both good ovens. Unlike Ed I've had excellent customer service from both company's. I prefer Evenheats controller to Paragon but they both work well.

I went EH. I researched it to the nines, I like the EH for its larger opening. Its more like a Ford and Chevy thing

I wrestled this in my mind for about a year or more before finally choosing the Evenheat oven. For me it came down to which oven I perceived would provide the most bang for my buck. I settled on the KO18 220v oven and it works amazingly well. As far as customer service goes, my oven did not work when it arrived so I had to call them and figure it out. I was immediately connected to the shop manager who helped me resolve the issue very quickly. (a wire was not connected to the relay) The rampmaster controller is also very user friendly. Good customer service and a great oven, so far.

One thing I don't like about my paragon is that the door opens down instead of to the side. I have to reach across that very hot surface to get my parts out. The Evenheats door opens to the left side.

I have one of the knife dog paragon ovens and while it's not digital it works great and the door opens to the side.I love my orange box !

I ordered my Evenheat from the bossdog but wanted the Bill Burke mod so had to call them directly. I found them pretty helpful since at first they had no idea what I was talking about and expected not to hear back, but they did actually call back and take care of me. Been real happy with it and while I don't think that in all my research I found anything bad about either kiln I do think I like the door on the EH better!

-Clint

Thanks guys purchased my even heat today from boss dog. Amy took my order and answered all my questions, great gal. also received my dewar today. it has been a very very fine day.

It is an extra layer of insulation between the brick and SS skin.

Ahhh... thanks!

Some other things Evenheat has done lately on the KO models include thicker fire brick, and relieving the door bricks a bit for a better door fit. The change in efficiency has been astouunding. I have a KF and a KO side by side. Both are the same size and power. The KO will be done it's austenizing cycle 20 mins to 1/2 hour faster than the KF. Not that that's any better heat treat, but it speaks to the efficiency gained.

Rob!

Back