Pattern Welded Viking Sword Donation

antigoth24

I'm wasn't sure where I should put this so please if it is incorrect or not kosher please take it down or notify me and I will take it down. I am currently working on a project that will be donated to the Minnesota History Center, the project being a pattern welded viking sword, with carved wooden scabbard and carved box. Because I do bladesmithing as for my living I do not have the funds to undertake this project and because it is a non-paid commission I thought it would be best to run a kickstarter campaign so that the sword can be made and donated to the museum. The funds raised are going directly into fuel and material costs and just enough to cover the bare minimum on labor as the sword would be full forged by hand. If you are interested in checking the project out the link for the site is listed below. Thanks.

All the best,

Robert

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/622497210/pursuing-the-viking-blade?ref=activity

antigoth24

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the support. Tracy, thanks so much for the vote of support if the project goes through I will definitely be driving down to see you and pick up belts and steel.

rootes_of_ohio

I am a professional woodcarver, among other things.
If you need assistance with the carving part of the project, I am available.
I can do all styles, have the tools and the know-how.

Also was born in South St. Paul, MN.
Most of my people are in the St. Cloud/Sauk Rapids area.

I'd help any way I can.

Be good.

t

antigoth24

T, That is phenomenally kind of you to offer your skills and I would love to talk to you further if the project is successful it would do wonders to have your help on this project.

bubba-san

I can help with some of your material .. need any silicon copper or brass , regular copper . Or maybe with some special metal. James

GHEzell

I have a 12"x 1 3/8" rod of w2 I'd be willing to donate, if it will be of any use to you. I guesstimate it weighs around 10lb, and will require a powerhammer or press to process... This is some of the w2 Don Hanson III was selling a few years back, wonderful steel...

antigoth24

GHEzell, Thank you so much for your willingness to donate such a fine steel...unfortunately I don't have a power hammer or press and find the idea of forging that down to be a bit to daunting ;)

antigoth24

The fundraiser is entering it's final days and I think we can make our goal so again if you can donate it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone for your generous support thus far in the project I have been stunned by all the generous support everyone has offered so far :)

bubba-san

If you need anything that I might be able to supply, let me know...... What kinds of steel are you planning on using when welding it up ?
.......... Bubba