Pheer Grinders Long Term Review

NYKM

My name is Ryan Carlson also known as NYKM New York Knife Maker.

If you your looking for the grinder to take you to that next level of knife making this is it!

Presently I own 3 Pheer grinders that are hand built by Jose himself.

I been using Pheer grinders for several years now.

I started off with a basic 110v grinder which was my request. so i can use it anywhere on a regular wall jack, not just 220. i wanted it just for doing flat grinds. 2 years + Later the grinder is still working very well. I actually now use this grinder in a flipped position as a dedicated horizontal grinder.

My second grinder purchase was 6 months later, Pheer 427, this was to be 220v grinder, more beefy chasis, the over all design is amazing! works very good for everything, the difference in this grinder for me, it was to be a dedicated hollow grinder, more power, I personally thought it would be better to have, 1 grinder set up all the time for flat grinding, and one setup for hollow grinding. the grinder was awesome, much more power just like Jose stated than my previous 110v grinder. The 427 to date is still my favorite grinder out of preference.

My third grinder purchase came a few months after that. which is the 427 x 16 to fit a huge contact wheel on. the grinder is awesome and works very well, very powerful, very strong, very well thought out all the way around. my thoughts of why to purchase a third grinder, was that if i ever have a problem, ill have a back up, so my customers orders will never be delayed. i can always swap grinders around, to date i had no problems with any of them, or working with Jose. That is because Jose gets it right in building them, testing them to be sure they work well!

the 14in wheel is my favorite wheel at the moment its a contact rubber corporation wheel "Awesome", although i own a 10in contact wheel, and 8 in contact wheel, and 6 in contact wheel.
contact wheel grinding is Awesome, you can do so many things with a contact wheel i never thought possible.

I can honestly say, if your looking for a grinder, I highly recommend Pheer grinders to set you up with something you will become addicted to, that works perfectly, great products, great longevity, great performance !!
I cant wait to purchase my 454 now!

My over all review of 3 different grinders over a long term period from Pheers grinders is 5 stars out of 5 stars!

For me it is the soul that people put into things that make them what they are to be special for us.

below are some pictures of the grinders i have in my shop all built by jose.

you can purchase the grinders from his website here:
http://www.2x72beltgrinder.com/

z09n.png

ghm6.jpg

jxnl.jpg

td9g.jpg

0gbk.jpg

I build knives like this everyday thanks to Pheer grinders!

0ju9.jpg

Thankyou for your time, this is my conclusion for a long term review of pheer grinders! Great deal, Great price, Great product, and a Great person behind it all.

You just have to deal with Jose and get one of his grinders to understand the loyalty involving his clients. He goes the extra mile for you! His grinder your way and always handles all calls himself. No hiding from any issue large or small. He is a soft spoken man with a great product. I have had mine over two years also. I use it every day I'm in the shop. It's my only grinder.

Living on the east coast making knives makes it harder to work for someone on the west coast but, Jose and the product is so good it's a pleasure for his customers to recommend them both.

Ryan welcome to KD! Friendly home to knifemakers.

Do they have any vibration issue's with the thin wall tubing ? For example the KMG grinder uses thick steel that creates a large amount mass for dampening .

Have been building grinders for 35 years and I don't use heavy steel or thick steel to stop vibration. All wheels are balanced and aligned with each other. If you are having vibration it is in the wheels.

I have had a Pheer 427 for a few months with no complaints. it just plain works. he was in my price range and i gave it a try. I want another one as well with a 10 or 12" wheel

Add liontribe to the happy customer list. I have been using his grinders for a while now and they are great. Great guy to do business with. I will be buying a new grinder from him soon.

Liontribe

I have a TW-90, who has used both the TW-90 and these grinders? And how would you compare them? I like being able to change the grinder easily but also see the value of having several grinders for back up incase one fails or also just not having to change a setup. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Back