Post/Leg vice

C Craft

Anyone know where there is a leg vice that don't have a fool attached to it?? I have been looking for one for a long time but, they are out their minds with some of these!

Cant find one around here that don't start at more than it is worth!!!

Then you have to watch how they take the pics, and or has it been painted??? Usually a sign of something wrong! Isaw one freshly painted and when you zoom in on the pic. I would almost guarantee you that the jaw had been broken off and re-welded. It looked all rough in that area the jaw comes up out of the body!!

I saw one the other day that was labeled Columbian the only thing Columbian about it was a bracket they had stolen from another post/leg vice!! Ran across a second one and I am looking at it and trying to figure out what is wrong with what I am looking at?? I am not sure of the brand because folks have gone to making up names for them but this one is designed where it looks like the jaws have been squashed together.

I must say I honestly did not realize their was as many brands out there as there is!! However if I got to spend $500 to get it and another $100 to ship it. I might as well go buy one of the new ones!!

So if anyone knows of one that someone is willing to part with a post/leg vice, even if it needs work or parts. I don't mind driving to get it if there is a good body to work with!!!

There is a guy north of me around Marietta that has a ton of old blacksmith stuff including post vises. His prices are normally reasonable I will PM you his cell number if you want. I do not know if he will ship it but You can ask. He has a gigantic swage block I have been eyeing so I may go there soon anyway.

There is a guy north of me around Marietta that has a ton of old blacksmith stuff including post vises. His prices are normally reasonable I will PM you his cell number if you want. I do not know if he will ship it but You can ask. He has a gigantic swage block I have been eyeing so I may go there soon anyway.

Chris, I haven't gotten your PM. Does he have a website?? Marietta, hmmm I smell a road trip!! :p

Sorry, he is on Craig's list and he has the largest inventory of old blacksmith tools I have ever seen. Everything from hardies to anvils to vises. Hang on I will post a link.

Back