Propane forge build or buy

Grussing_Custom_Knives

Hey im back at it with another post. I am wondering if I should buy a propane Forge or build one. I looked online and on forms there are a lot of mixed opinions. If I were to build one I would probably do a forced air burner forge because of the simplicity and heat. I looked up forges and I like the diamondback two burner knife maker/welder Forge but it looks like it would have a chimney effect and since the gas is not swirling it would heat unevenly. I would use the forge to make Damascus, heat treat and sometimes forge stuff. It seems like the gas swirl effect would be hard to create (to get the right position it to do that). Does anybody have any advice on whether I should buy or build a Forge and any tips to go along with anything I asked.
Thanks and I'm sorry if siri screwed any thing up with the voice to text feature.

Check out the attachments at the Forge Supplies page at www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com. There are two attachments there. The first is Build a Gas Forge that I wrote when I was using venturi burners and the second is Ribbon Burners which is what I use now with the same type forge build. With the Ribbon Burner I mount the burner on the top but with the length of the burner and all the burner holes there is not an issue of the hot spots and I use a lot less gas for more heat. I weld Damascus billets with 1/2# of gas pressure and use no flux for perfect welds.

Let me know if I can help you.

Check out the attachments at the Forge Supplies page at www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com. There are two attachments there. The first is Build a Gas Forge that I wrote when I was using venturi burners and the second is Ribbon Burners which is what I use now with the same type forge build. With the Ribbon Burner I mount the burner on the top but with the length of the burner and all the burner holes there is not an issue of the hot spots and I use a lot less gas for more heat. I weld Damascus billets with 1/2# of gas pressure and use no flux for perfect welds.

Let me know if I can help you.

Cool I'll check it out say hi to moe for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else?

MY grandson Ashton have been developing a forced air vertical forge kit that we plan to sell. You will need a welder and angle grinder with a disc cutter. THis kit uses a 20 pound propane bottle with top down bottom cut off also fron and back door openings and a hole for the burner.
Please email me at brucebump1@gmail.com for more details.

MY grandson Ashton have been developing a forced air vertical forge kit that we plan to sell. You will need a welder and angle grinder with a disc cutter. THis kit uses a 20 pound propane bottle with top down bottom cut off also fron and back door openings and a hole for the burner.
Please email me at brucebump1@gmail.com for more details.

I would man but I decided on a horizontal with naturally aspired burners

Back