Question on a no weld grinder

Keith Willis

Do I need to make any adjustments,if I use a piece of 8'' square tubing for the base of my NWG,instead of the 4'' that the plans call for?Just wondering about hole placement,where the verticals bolt.

Thanks for the help,God bless,Keith

Man that's huge,but shouldn't make that much difference as far as mounting the vertical pieces. You could add a couple bolts. Should be plenty sturdy.

Actually, if you're planning on using the straps (instead of welding) you will probably need extra long vertical pieces, and the whole unit will be taller. Maybe Tracy can give some insight on this.

Wolfe,I had to laugh,well it's all I got,with out having to buy 4''.

Mike,I am going to weld it,but I will strap it first.I wondered if I could drill my holes in the base a little farther up.I have already cut my pieces,so I need to make it work if I can.

I did PM Tracy,so just waiting.Maybe he'll know.

Thanks guys,God bless,Keith

i have some 4x4 left if you need it.. just pay 1/2 shipping and its yours. it beats letting it rust in my garage.

i have some 4x4 left if you need it.. just pay 1/2 shipping and its yours. it beats letting it rust in my garage.

Thanks Brother,I saw that early in another post and thought about it,however if I was going to get it,I would not let you pay any,but thats what we have here(a bunch of great guys,that want to help),and your one of them.Thanks for the offer,but if I can use what I got,i'll start assembly tomorrow.I hope someone can tell me something before tomorrow.

Thanks guys,God bless,Keith

Maybe Jeff Pearce can chime in here this evening - he's built one and welded it.

TMickley is at the JD Grind-In at Bark River Knives in MI so he'll be out of pocket.

BC

Hello, the only thing i can think off that it will change is the hight that the drive wheel and the angle of the pulley .It should work ,But you will need a longer keyed shaft .

Hello, the only thing i can think off that it will change is the hight that the drive wheel and the angle of the pulley .It should work ,But you will need a longer keyed shaft .

That's why I am wondering if I move the verticals up a little on the base(I just don't know how much)would it be the same thing,just a taller grinder?unsure

The problem with that is the belt is only so long. and with you space the wheels to far a pary you won't have any adjustment on the toolarm..

Back