Randall Inspired Classic Fighter

LRB

I very seldom make modern styled knives, but once in a while I get talked into doing one. This one has a 7" blade of 3/16" 01 steel. India stag grip. Nickel-silver guard. The blade is flat ground with a hand rubbed 220 grit satin finish. The false edge is unsharpened, but was brought to an edge. Hope you enjoy a look.

Great job! It looks a heck of a lot better than the current work Randall is allowing out of their shop.

Is that a convex edge? It looks extremely sharp... I like the lower grit finish, it looks ready to get down to business.
(I make mostly 'old' knives, but every once in awhile I have to make something modern styled, maybe just to prove I can make a knife with a ricasso if I choose to.)

Acually, it was not yet sharpened when photographed. The edge in the photo is about .006/.008 thick yet. I wanted photos before the owner picked it up.

...In the Randall Knife Catalog... your knife would be made in the pattern of a Model #5...very nice work !

the Randall styling sort of drew me into bladesmithing in the beginning. I make older styles, too. But, nice to see this one. A ricasso brings its own brand of misery, sometimes.

good work. as usual.
kc

Thank you all for your kind words. Kevin, Pete Hamilton kinda guided me through my first knife in 1971. As much as he could anyway, while not neglecting his shop duties.

Back