Reading List recommendations

Absinthe

Consider that my main interest is classical folders, and other folding types.

I just completed my second recommended book. What would someone else recommend. Here's the two I have been through so far:

Slip-joint Folder Designing and Building - Steve Culver
The Lockback Knife: From first Design to Completed Folding - Stefan Steigerwald

I also have "Slipjoints My Way: A complete method of making a slipjoint folder from raw materials all the way to the finished knife." - Don Robinson, currently in my Amazon cart, but am reluctant to bother ordering it because of the comments about his machine shop.

I am willing to buy books, but I do have library access to the following, if any are worth it.

101 Knife Designs Practical Knives for Daily Use-Murray Carter
A Modern Guide to Knifemaking Step-by-Step Instruction for Forging Your Own
Advanced Knife Making - Harold Hoffman
Custom Knifemaking; 10 projects from a Master Craftsman - Tim McCreight
Ed Fowlers Knife Talk The Art Science of Knifemaking - Ed Fowlers
Greatest Loveless Knife Designs Discover the Best Knife Patterns & Blade Designs from Bob Loveless - Joe Kertzman
KNIFEMAKING FOR BEGINNERS Step-by-Step Guide for Forging and Customizing Your First Knife to Perfection - Mark Smith
Knife Talk The Art and Science of Knifemaking - Ed Fowler
Knife from Expert Bladesmiths, Including Making Your Own Handle, Sheath and Sharpening - Laura Zerra
Knifemaking - Bill Moran
Knifemaking a complete guide to crafting knives, handles & sheaths - Bo Bergman
Knifemaking for Beginners A Step-by-Step Bladesmithing Guide to Forging your own Knives with Basic Tools - Chris W. Smith
Knifemaking with Bob Loveless Build Knives with a Living Legend - Durwood Hollis
Simple Knifemaking A Beginner’s Guide To Building Knives With Basic Tools - Nicholas Tomihama
Step-by-Step Knifemaking You Can Do It - David Boye
The Complete Bladesmith Forging Your Way to Perfection - Jim Hrisoulas
The Master Bladesmith Advanced Studies in Steel - Jim Hrisoulas
The Tactical Folding Knife A Study of the Anatomy and Construction of the Liner-Locked Folder - Bob Terzuola
The Tactical Knife A Comprehensive Guide to Designs, Techniques, and Uses-James Morgan Ayres
The Wonder of Knifemaking - Wayne Goddard
Wayne Goddard's $50 Knife Shop, Revised - Wayne Goddard

Back