Rice 2020 WIP

Finally. It's here. I gotta say a mighty fine effort. Mighty fine. This is a hefty knife. Not only in weight but in visual appeal , too. Last year, I was fortunate to get a kith from Randy Lucius and this years from Greg Rice will look just fine sitting right next to it. Thanks Greg, I know that you put a lot of time and effort into this project.DSC01711.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01712.JPG
    DSC01712.JPG
    584.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01713.JPG
    DSC01713.JPG
    610.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01714.JPG
    DSC01714.JPG
    590.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01715.JPG
    DSC01715.JPG
    603.2 KB · Views: 12
What kind of wood are those scales? I’m a wood guy but I’m having a hard time figuring it out... glanced back a couple pages and didn’t find anything. Bocote? Purple Heart? Good looking knife @Greg Rice ... whatever the wood

Finally. It's here. I gotta say a mighty fine effort. Mighty fine. This is a hefty knife. Not only in weight but in visual appeal , too. Last year, I was fortunate to get a kith from Randy Lucius and this years from Greg Rice will look just fine sitting right next to it. Thanks Greg, I know that you put a lot of time and effort into this project.View attachment 76297
Hey hey! Glad you liked it Bruce! Yesterday was my little girl's 16th birthday so I was busy with her and the fam all day/evening.

I hope you enjoy it me friend. It has many flaws and I have a LONG way to go to deliver a knife that is on par with those I see grace the pages of this website - but I had a ton of fun. Thanks to all of you for allowing me to travel this road with you!!! Guess I need to learn to make a sheath - that kydex looks lame...

What kind of wood are those scales? I’m a wood guy but I’m having a hard time figuring it out... glanced back a couple pages and didn’t find anything. Bocote? Purple Heart? Good looking knife @Greg Rice ... whatever the wood
Thanks Dale! That wood is actually Texas Ebony - an extremely slow growing wood and arguably harder and denser than Ironwood. If you can get into the heart of it the color becomes a deep dark purple/burgundy color

Back