Ringed Gamblers Bowie

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
This one is a forged W2 blade with a wavy clay coated heat treatment. I didnt take many pictures but here are a few I did take. The guard is heated with a torch and bend and re-bent until it fit the handle block. It was a pain but I think it going to work out and has the look I was hoping for.

I'm going to spend the extra for engraving so come back and have a look. The Koa wood is exceptional and has been stabilized. Oh I decided the handle was too short so now I ground the pommel thin for a spacer and added another pommel.

100_8290.jpg

100_8292.jpg

100_8291.jpg

100_8297.jpg

100_8294.jpg

Bruce, This is over the top for me. Will this beauty be going to Boise PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE.:biggrin: I just need to look at it in person.

Bruce
MLazyB Custom Knives
ABS Journeyman Smith

Bruce, that looks amazing! Looking forward to attending the boise show so I can see your stuff and introduce myself.
Chris

All right. Really like it so far. Gonna check in real regular now.
Thanks for the extra time it takes to take us along Bruce.

Bruce is there anything you can't do? :D Man this is going to be something special, wish I was gonna be in Boise to see you and your work again! Simply mind-blowing. Thanks for sharing!

Bruce, do you mind driving through Kentucky on your way to Boise? I'd love to see that Bowie up close and even hold it for a month or so.

The bar just keeps getting higher.
There's more new things to absorb with every wip you start. Your work is always inspiring Bruce.

Thanks,
Rudy

I'll send the uncropped picture Bruce. I figured it was ok to show a cat here if a dog was involved getting the picture:biggrin:

Yesterday I sent the guard, spacer and new extended pommel to Jere Davidson for the engraving. We talked about English Schrolls. They are small and several of them in a tight place which I think would be proper for this compact little bowie. While the parts are goine I can work on finishing the koa wood handle and rub out, etch and polish the blade. I hope the hamon pops up, right now its barely visible.

Awesome Bruce! I was at my friend Mike's (missinglink's) house yesterday Admiring the work of yours he has. Incredible!!

Back