ROCKROOSTER

Abbott

I had some co-workers/friends from Australia that wore slip-on/slip-off work boots daily. When I inquired about them they said "Oi man, get ur Blundys, Mate". They all wore boots made by a company called Blundstone and went on and on about how they were the best and most comfortable work boots ever. They are also $200.00 per pair which was a little rich for my blood.

So I found a brand called ROCKROOSTER and ordered a similar pair of slip-on work boots for $90.00 and as a welder/grinder I have been very pleased indeed that I did so. The boots have proven to be very comfortable, break-in easy and (by design) keep the grit and grime out of my work boots. They also stop the hot stuff. I found that they run about a 1/2 size small so I had to send back my first pair and order a pair of 11eee to get the proper fit (1/2 size larger then my normal wear). The slip-on design is surprisingly snug when they go on and the foot support/comfort on a concrete floor working all day is tremendously good! I did take a couple thin pieces of soft leather about 2"x3" and fold it over the top of the front tongue (top of) for a few days while I broke them in as I became used to the slip-on design. They are super easy to get in and out of. I just love the fit and comfort of these work boots. They are also available with steel toes.

Attachments

• IMG_1221 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1221 - Copy.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1224 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1224 - Copy.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 14
I wore Redwings for years but when the last pair wore out I looked elsewhere, they seemed to wear out and hurt my feet a lot sooner than they use to, their pricey but my company paid for them.
last year I switched to Bates boots, their lace up but have a zipper on the side for pull on. I love them, no break in and they feel great.
only thing was I had to order one full size up for a good fit. when they wear out I'll be getting the same ones.

I’m a red wing guy myself but next pair I think I want to try a pair of nicks handmade boots. Very spendy but they’re custom fit. I am on my feet all day every day so I don’t mind spending a little money on footwear. LOL

I just recently gave RockRooster a try..... here's the ones I purchsed..... 1614988276048.png I wear a very wide shoe/boot, and once I zeroed in on the size I needed, they've been great. I like the old man zip feature.....and they are so comfortable that I wear them when Blade and I go for our afternoon walk. Not bad for $80. (considering for years I've worn White's..... at $525 per pair!) :)

those are pretty good looking boots for $80.00 Ed.
the Bates boots I have got the side zipper and that was a big selling point to me. I must be getting old because untying and tying back up going in and out of the house is a pain.
those Bates boots were a couple hundred bucks or so, my company's been buying my boots for twenty five years now but that's coming to an end and I don't think I'll be forking over that kind of money for boots when it's time to bust out my wallet ha ha.

I found a boot brand called ROCKROOSTER and ordered a pair of slip-on work boots for about $90.00 and as a welder/grinder I have been very pleased indeed that I did so. The boots have proven to be very comfortable, break-in easy and (by design) keep the grit and grime out of my work boots. They also stop the hot stuff. I found that they run about a 1/2 size small so I had to send back my first pair and order a pair of 11eee to get the proper fit (1/2 size larger then my normal wear). The slip-on design is surprisingly snug when they go on and the foot support/comfort on a concrete floor working all day is tremendously good! I did take a couple thin pieces of soft leather about 2"x 3" and folded it over the top of the front tongue (top of) for a few days while I broke them in to prevent the top of the tongue from rubbing my ankle as I became used to the slip-on design. The boots are super easy to get into and out of. I just love the fit and comfort of these work boots. Recommended highly. (By the way, I am a real customer that found out about Rockrooster brand by searching for slip-on work boots). So far, I love them.

Rose Anvil is a youtube channel dedicated to boots. He is a bootmaker who cuts them in half to see how they’re made. Great channel covering a wide assortment of brands.

Personally I’m sold on Thorogood boots. Like Ed, I have duck feet and finding a boot that actually fits has been a lifelong challenge. I discovered Bates when I was in the service and they were my go-to for years. As I’ve gotten older and my feet and ankles have started needing all the help they can get, I found a stiffer sole actually helps which is why I went to Thorogoods and away from the tennis-shoe soled tactical / hiking boots I wore for so long.

I’ve heard good things about Rockrooster as well.

Rose Anvil is a youtube channel dedicated to boots. He is a bootmaker who cuts them in half to see how they’re made. Great channel covering a wide assortment of brands.

Personally I’m sold on Thorogood boots. Like Ed, I have duck feet and finding a boot that actually fits has been a lifelong challenge. I discovered Bates when I was in the service and they were my go-to for years. As I’ve gotten older and my feet and ankles have started needing all the help they can get, I found a stiffer sole actually helps which is why I went to Thorogoods and away from the tennis-shoe soled tactical / hiking boots I wore for so long.

I’ve heard good things about Rockrooster as well.
12 years an infantryman and my feet are pickier every year! I’ve found that I like a certain “cowboy” boot with super feet insoles. For my regular job as a prison guard I wear Danner Quarry boots but love my slip-on boots when I don’t think someone wants to hand me my hind end all the time

12 years an infantryman and my feet are pickier every year! I’ve found that I like a certain “cowboy” boot with super feet insoles. For my regular job as a prison guard I wear Danner Quarry boots but love my slip-on boots when I don’t think someone wants to hand me my hind end all the time
That's a tough job.

I bought some Ariat cowboy style work boots. they are very comfortable for a while but too narrow for my Fred Flintstone feet. After a few hours they really start to hurt. Slip ons are a tough fit. If they’re wide enough up front my heel slips all over the place in back.

I just picked up another pair of Thorogoods in a different style from my usuals and I’m really liking them. Break in is not going as fast. I think I’ll have to soak them and walk them dry to give them the encouragement they need to conform to my feet.

I bought some Ariat cowboy style work boots. they are very comfortable for a while but too narrow for my Fred Flintstone feet. After a few hours they really start to hurt. Slip ons are a tough fit. If they’re wide enough up front my heel slips all over the place in back.

I just picked up another pair of Thorogoods in a different style from my usuals and I’m really liking them. Break in is not going as fast. I think I’ll have to soak them and walk them dry to give them the encouragement they need to conform to my feet.
I've heard of soaking and walking dry before, but thought it was just another Internet legend. Does that actually work? I have a really nice pair of Tony Llama cowboy boots that I don't wear because they hurt my feet after an hour. The uppers are bullhide and I was told that it would take longer to break in because of that. After three months I basically shelved them.

Soaking and walking them dry works like a champ on tanned leather. After all, that’s how we wet form knife sheaths. Remember to oil the leather as they are drying because the water can make the leather dry out and get stiff if you don’t.

I don’t know if it will work on bull hide. I had a pair of bull hide cowboy boots years ago. They felt like concrete after being in them for several hours. Those damn things never even began to break in, and like you I finally just stopped wearing them. I don’t know why I never tried to wet them out.

I found the Meindl hiking boots at Cabela's 15 or 20 years ago and haven't looked at another boot since. They're not cheap, but I can wear them 12 - 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and they last me a good 2 years. I haven't even broken a shoe string on a pair yet. I think they are the Perfekt Hiker model.

found the Meindl hiking boots at Cabela's 15 or 20 years ago and haven't looked at another boot since. They're not cheap, but I can wear them 12 - 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and they last me a good 2 years. I haven't even broken a shoe string on a pair yet. I think they are the Perfekt Hiker model.
I've got the same ones. They're light, too. Mine are the 400 gram I used them in the fall. I didn't know they had been around so long.
Mine lasted about two years, too. The rubber pulled away from the leather above the sole so no longer water proof.

Back