Rosewood slippy

Timothy La Combre

Something just finished. A practice run to make sure I have everything right. For my third slip joint I am very pleased with the result.
Rosewood with SS and Black G10 liners and Giraffe bone bolster. Pins are SS with Silver. Blade is 1080 cold blued.

OAL = 124mm
Blade = 54mm x 17mm x x2.3

Thanks for looking

Tim

Great looking folder for only your third one. Love the look of the rosewood and bone together. Think I'll have to try the cold bluing on folder too

Can't wait to see your next folder!

Erik

Dankie Steve, Lank tyd dat ek in Afrikaans geskryf het!

Thanks all. These things get addictive and then the tooling gets expensive :sad:

Ek is Amerikaanse, maar het sewe reise na RSA op jagtogte gemaak. Dit is my tweede gunsteling plek op aarde.

Welcome to KnifeDogs.

Ek is Amerikaanse, maar het sewe reise na RSA op jagtogte gemaak. Dit is my tweede gunsteling plek op aarde.
Welcome to KnifeDogs.

En jy praat die taal beter as ek :biggrin:

Erick, I love carbon steel, call me stupid but Stainless just doesn't do it for me. Probably would sell more if it did :biggrin: Have found that cold bluing keeps the deep pitting away and develops a nice patina over time.

En jy praat die taal beter as ek :biggrin:

Erick, I love carbon steel, call me stupid but Stainless just doesn't do it for me. Probably would sell more if it did :biggrin: Have found that cold bluing keeps the deep pitting away and develops a nice patina over time.

Sweet little Slippie! I am a stainless devotee, but I live by the Ocean and make mostly culinary knives, Carbon steel has worked for how many hundreds of years now? 1500 or so? Stainless has been around about 100 years.

Carbon steel is a lot easier to work.

Back