RR spke knife and hawk set

hawkman

Here are a knife and tomahawk combo,I forged from new rr spikes-thanks for looking--Regards Butch

IMG_0004-67.jpg

IMG_0002-71.jpg

IMG_0016-12.jpg

IMG_0010-38.jpg

That's a very handsome pair. I like your designs they are very good and the sheaths look great.

Larry

I'll be honest, I'm far from being a fan of RR spike blades. I must say though......

1. Your overall craftsmanship on the set looks great.
2. I love that hawk. That thing looks awesome!

Thanks shank and Murph,I appreciate your comments-------Regards Butch:)--I just like banging out those spikes,not everybodys taste for sure :)--(

Last edited:
Butch, those are really nice love every detail! Did you weld any other steel in for the edge of the Hawk or is it all spike?

And did you use a punch to make the texture on the hawk handle? Don't give away all your secrets!

Steve
--------
Potomac Forge
--------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Butch, those are really nice love every detail! Did you weld any other steel in for the edge of the Hawk or is it all spike?

And did you use a punch to make the texture on the hawk handle? Don't give away all your secrets!

Steve
--------
Potomac Forge
--------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Thanks Steve,it's all spike,I water quench the edge so it gets pretty hard.The texture ,I heat a rasp with a oxy-propane torch and just roll the haft across,makes a lot of smoke.There's not too many secrets left out there and everybody should share any knowledge I Think-----Thanks again-Regards Butch

I believe someone from the applicable time period would trade a lot of horses for that combo! Those are very refined! Nice wood on the hawk also.

Back