Score!!!

I had a custom wood worker offload 2 boxes of what he called " burl scraps" on me the other day. I have read a bunch of post on here that referenced burl so I think this is a much bigger deal than I thought. Some are too small to make knife handles out of but most are big enough to do multiples. If these are sought after, I may give half away on the pay it forward forum. I will never use it all. Are these worth shipping?
IMG_1137[1].JPG

IMG_1138[1].JPGIMG_1139[1].JPG

I just did a part trade for one of my knives for this block of Desert Ironwood. The bar on the rule is at the 5 inch mark

96QbBtol.jpg

I had a custom wood worker offload 2 boxes of what he called " burl scraps" on me the other day. I have read a bunch of post on here that referenced burl so I think this is a much bigger deal than I thought. Some are too small to make knife handles out of but most are big enough to do multiples. If these are sought after, I may give half away on the pay it forward forum. I will never use it all. Are these worth shipping?
View attachment 69871

View attachment 69869View attachment 69870
I would think so, most of us on here have a handle material hoarding problem.

Chris, I've seen makers pay more than $25 for a single knife handle block! Score doesn't even come close to it, more like steal.

Doug

Nice score!! I recently found a woodworker in my area that makes bowl blanks for wood turners. I purchased a bunch of drops/end cuts that are fine for scales. All, Burl, Spalted and Crotch of varied wood Oak, Ash, Cherry Maple and Chestnut. Enough for at least 20 sets of scales. Nice to get a good score once in a while!! Your burl looks awesome too. Enjoy it!!

Back