Second Sheath Attempt

BruceM

Well, here is the second attempt at making a sheath. Added some tooling, dye, and Tan-Kote. Sandwiched a piece of 4 ounce in between to help protect the stitching. Have to put a lanyard on this little knife to make it easier to pull from the sheath. The knife is only about 4" long overall. It was a little crowded getting a belt loop on the back of this one. Thinking about making a neck sheath for this knife too. Really need to finish the knife, needs a bit more sanding and buffing. The scales are a polymer clay with brass pins.

Comments welcome:D
Bruce

attachment.php

attachment.php
[/IMG]

Bruce ,

Looks live very nice work ,particularly for the 1st . I would suggest using a thicker leather for the welt. Looks like you finished the edges very well but added the welt afterwards. The next one will be easier & will look even better ! Congrats , Joe

Bruce ,

Looks live very nice work ,particularly for the 1st . I would suggest using a thicker leather for the welt. Looks like you finished the edges very well but added the welt afterwards. The next one will be easier & will look even better ! Congrats , Joe

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the comments. You are right about the welt, I finished my edges first and then sewed everything up. I wanted a different look so, I recessed the welt just a bit. I hope I get faster...:D
Bruce

Looks good overall, but I agree with a thicker welt and bring it out flush.Dave:)

Back