Sheath drying mistake

I was drying a sheath the other day, and decided to use the residual heat from the baking of fishsticks (my daughter's favorite) to hasten the process. It would have worked fine if I had remembered the sheath was in the oven when I turned it on later to make cookies. Here is the result and me with a sad face:

Christmas-0051-e1261691546407.jpg

Last edited:
Should see what they look like in a microwave! I tried to zap one for 3 seconds once and it looked like a peanut shell afterwards. AMAZING

:p:p:p

that's some rare kind of elephant leather you got there..

Just an FYI.......don't try using a microwave to dry leather either. The results are similar.

Don't ask why I know this.

SDS

I bet most of us have been there and done that (I have). My dad even did that to a pair of boots one time. Now that was a mess and stunk to high heaven.

Charlie

Actually, they were quite good. Chocolate and peppermint chips. I remembered the leather before it started smoking but obviously not in time to save my work. The replacement turned out better anyway.

I couldn't tell you how many holsters and sheaths I've taken out of the oven extra crispy...I have since learned my lesson. Happens to the best of us, never tried the microwave though.

I couldn't tell you how many holsters and sheaths I've taken out of the oven extra crispy...I have since learned my lesson. Happens to the best of us, never tried the microwave though.

Don't! Trust us on this.

SDS

I had mentioned that in the tips thread for sheath making ,dont put them in the oven. lol I think we all have dons something simular trying to speed up the process. I place mine now of the heat vent from the furnace and one or 2 cycles and the sheath is dry.

Back