shipping to England

Scott Davidson

Hey guys , i know its been asked before, but i have a gentleman in Englade who wants to order a large folding knife , and i need to know if any of you folks have had any troubles with customs . I have shipped " tools " before , but this is a folding pocket knife. I want it to get to him , but i told him that when it shipped it was his. I would insure it and give him the tracking #'s , so that he could track it as well as i could. What are your thoughts on this. Thanks for the insight, and suggestions. Scott

I think that's all you can do Scott,just make sure you have rhe pay ent first.
Good luck with it!

P.s. when did you start making folders?

I have a friend in England who told me that there are restrictions on what size folders they can own. I would check so it doesn't get confiscated at customs. He's out of Europe at the moment so I can't check on the restrictions for you.

Thanks Calvin , Tom.

Calvin, this will be my first folder, thats not a friction folder. I think its time i jump in there and do one. I have really tried to slow down a bit this year , and i cut off just about 100 knives this year. I want to cut another 50 off this year. This is only a hobby for me . I am tired of working 2 full time jobs.I want to get back to where i enjoy making knives. I have quit taking every little order that i can get, to just the nicer , higher dollar knives.I will post up a pic of it when i get it finished .

I will check on the restrictions, thanks guys. Scott

there are CARRY restrictions on locking folders in UK, but its fine to own and/or import them [any size]

sub 3" blade slipjoints are legal to carry

if its assisted-opening, just tighten the pivot before shipping

Last edited:
Back