Shop Music Thread- what are you listening to today?

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
Maybe we can get a daily music thread going? Tell us what you like or what you're currently listening to in the shop (or at work, the car, wherever).

I'm an old soul musically speaking. I'm not young but I'm younger than my music usually. :)

Today I'm listening to John Prine...in memory of one of my favorite artists. John Prine passed away earlier this year.

I'm into the 60's 70's music. - Rolling Stones, Jackson Brown, Bog Segar, also like country!
In the truck traveling mostly talk radio between 10:00 and 3:300.
I also have Amazon music on my phone and pick oldies and mixes that I enjoy.

I like Bob Seeger.

I have Amazon music on my phone too. I like it except new songs I recently purchased can't be transferred to my already existing playlist for some reason.

I listen to podcasts mostly, but when I run out of those, it's always country music. Preferably 90s or older.

Yeah I cut my teeth on country but OLD country. New country today just doesn't do it for me.

I get exactly one radio station at my shop. Fortunately it's a decent country station that plays strictly 90's and older.

And we live in the digital age so one nice thing about that is pretty limitless access to any music under the sun.

I go through phases. I’ll catch on to a singer or a new album and do a deep dive on that singer for a while. Could be anybody from any genre.

Chris Stapleton is a favorite. Tyler Childers. Sturgill Simpson. Then I might get hung up on Vern Gosden or Dwight Yoakam or Willie Nelson for a while.

Mainly I add everything I’m hung up on to a favorites play list and let them all run on shuffle. When I get bored of the playlist i go look for the next person to get hung up on and add all their songs to the playlist, too.

I listen to real country, outlaw country, classic rock like CCR, Skynard, Seger, some blues, and a select few recent stand outs like Chris Stapleton. I don't listen in the shop a lot, because I constantly switch stations when songs come on that I don't like, and most stations are awash with garbage music these days.

I go through phases. I’ll catch on to a singer or a new album and do a deep dive on that singer for a while. Could be anybody from any genre.

Chris Stapleton is a favorite. Tyler Childers. Sturgill Simpson. Then I might get hung up on Vern Gosden or Dwight Yoakam or Willie Nelson for a while.

Mainly I add everything I’m hung up on to a favorites play list and let them all run on shuffle. When I get bored of the playlist i go look for the next person to get hung up on and add all their songs to the playlist, too.
Agghhh...got go listen to Set 'em Joe now!

Some good stuff listed there.

If you like Chris Stapleton and Tyler childers, you should check out John Moreland if you haven't. Especially his earlier stuff.

I listen to real country, outlaw country, classic rock like CCR, Skynard, Seger, some blues, and a select few recent stand outs like Chris Stapleton. I don't listen in the shop a lot, because I constantly switch stations when songs come on that I don't like, and most stations are awash with garbage music these days.

You aren't kidding. The radio is a total loss anymore. I can't stand to listen to it. Country radio is abysmal.

I use Pandora and just name an artist and it plays songs that are similar randomly. Lately I start with Counting Crows and Don McLean and go where Pandora takes it.

Back