Sit down grinder vertical same height as horizontal idea.

Ed of all trades

Do to health reasons I need to fix the Grinder in a box I am building so that I can grind sitting down. The thing I am working on now is how to make it the same height when it is in the vertical and horizontal positions. I know I can figure it out but don't want to re-invent the wheel. Thanks for any help. Ed

Last edited:
Ha! I just about thought you were looking over my shoulder! I'm literally working in my new 3d cad program that Ken pointed me to, right this second on that very thing. I wanted to get some EERF/GIB parts cut, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to make it flip. I'm trying to flip it on the main toolbar as a pivot point so that the height stays the same.

You've already got your kit, so can't help you with it specifically. You'll have to raise the base to account for the length of the motor. Block it up until the tool bar is the same both horizontal or vertical, then hinge your new sub-baseplate. It might easier at this point to make the stand/bench its on be height adjustable.

My grinder flips similar to what I'm suggesting, here's a pic if it helps. It's hinged to the left, pivots where the two flat plates are welded. Tool rest height is very close either way. Good luck.
my grinder 7.jpg

Back