Sitting on the bench again

Ted, thanks some nights have become like that.!! Not sure if it nerve pain or lack of circulation, or a combination of the two!!

Finally gave it up about 4:30 AM, cooked some bacon, eggs, hashbrowns and toast and a pot of coffee! Can't sleep might as well eat. I told my wife you know I have been doing this since I was about 14yrs. of age and I went to work for my Dad. If you wanted breakfast you were up at 5 AM, so you could be on the job at 7AM. I remember telling my Dad back then I wasn't going to do this for a living, (carpenter and general construction) I was only doing it to make money! Problem was I never stopped needing to make money! :eek:

Now don't get me wrong I went to school kept up my grades and graduated HS and straight into the Army from HS as a Combat Heavy Engineer Unit! It was the tail end of Vietnam and I was supposed to be going after basics. They signed the peace treaty for Vietnam a month before I graduated from HS.

After the Army I went back into construction and worked it till I got hurt and the next few years was a downhill slide! I got in a five vehicle pile up one morning on the way to work!! I was a few months from opening my own company! After the wreck my back was never the same, and even though I tried for a few years after that with another company, I just couldn't due the job I use to.
After the lower back fusion no one would hire me to do construction and that was all I knew!! I worked for myself for a few years but there was times when the pain in the back was so bad I couldn't even keep going for myself. I came home from work one night and had to blow the horn to get my wife out there to help me into the house. A trip of 25' and took me over 30 minutes to get there. I would make a step and stop in excruciating pain, fuss, cuss and rest until I could make another step.
How is that old saying if hindsight was 20/20!!!! Funny part of it was though, as long as I could do it I loved it!!! I use to be proud to say, see that house, I built it and it is one the best built houses you will ever see!!

Look at me babbling away like I got good sense! :D

Back